In This Biography
Casting Crowns Biography, Age, Networth, Education, Spouse
Casting Crowns are a popular Christian Rock band formed in 1999 in Daytona Beach, Florida.
- Melodee Devevo – Violin/Vocals (birthday July 2, 1976)
Hometown – Daytona Beach, FLFavorite Book of the Bible – James
- Brian Scoggin – DrumsHometown – Griffin, GA
- Chris Huffman – Bass (birthday November 12, 1980)
Hometown – Glasgow, KYFavorite Book of the Bible – James
- Megan Garrett – Keys/Vocals
Hometown – Atlanta, GAFavorite Book of the Bible – Isaiah
- Hector Cervantes – Guitars/Vocals (birthday September 13, 1980)
Hometown – Daytona Beach, FLFavorite Book of the Bible – Psalms
- Juan Devevo – Guitars/Vocals (birthday September 24, 1975)
Hometown – Jacksonville, FLFavorite Book of the Bible – Hebrews
- Mark Hall – Lead Vocals (birthday September 14, 1970)
Hometown – Montgomery, ALFavorite Book of the Bible – James
Mark Hall, the lead vocalist for Casting Crowns, has been a youth pastor for the past several years and it was his heart for youth that caused him to write and perform music to reach them and help them grow as Christians. “I’ve been a youth pastor for about 12 years, and every church I’ve been in, music’s always been a part of it”, Hall says in the band’s biography. Music ministry, however, was something that he never imagined would go beyond his local church. “I had the thought that maybe I could write for other bands because traveling around playing was not something I thought I wanted to do”.
Youth ministry in Daytona Beach, FL, followed by Atlanta, GA was where Mark and the rest of Casting Crowns shared their music. The band recorded two independent records that were distributed mainly in the Atlanta area, and both were wildly popular. They were tempted to send their CD’s to record labels, but after praying about it, decided that they were supposed to just keep doing what they had been doing. It wasn’t that God had other plans for them, it was that He just had a different plan for getting them where they needed to be. That path came in the form of a college student in Daytona named Chase Tremont.
Chase had one of their CD’s and he shared it with his basketball coach, who happened to be friends with Mark Miller of Sawyer Brown. Mark liked what he heard, but he didn’t know what he could do for the band at that point. He hung on to the two records, waiting for the right time to do something. The perfect moment came on a vacation trip with the families of two of his longtime friends, Provident Label Group President Terry Hemmings and Steven Curtis Chapman.
Hemmings and Chapman liked what they heard as much as Miller did and before long Beach Street Records was born. Mark Miller, who was running Beach Street, wanted Casting Crowns to be their first band. The rest, as they say, is history.
Awards and Achievements
- RIAA Certifications – Albums (3 Platinum, 5 Gold), singles (3 Gold), videos (2 Platinum, 4 Gold
- GRAMMY Award winners (2006)
- 16 GMA Dove Awards
- 2 Billboard Music Awards (2012)
- 2 American Music Awards (2007 and 2014)
- Eight consecutive #1 radio hits
- Casting Crowns has been the most played artist on all Christian radio formats combined
- Casting Crowns is the fastest CCM artist in its career to have its first two albums certified Platinum, and only the second in RIAA history ever to achieve it (the other being Jars of Clay)
- Casting Crowns was the only U.S. band invited to play at the 2007 April Art Friendship Festival in North Korea
KNOWLEDGE is POWERFUL. Please kindly share Newstime Worldwide website and videos with all your family and friends and contacts Worldwide, thanks. Almighty GOD continue to bless you always.
Newstime Worldwide is not responsible for external websites’ content.
IF YOU LIKE WHAT YOU ARE READING AT NEWSTIME..,
PLEASE KINDLY LET US KNOW, IF THERE IS SOMETHING WE COULD BE DOING BETTER, WE WILL LIKE TO KNOW THAT TOO.
PLEASE KINDLY SEND US YOUR COMMENTS, QUESTIONS AND SUGGESTIONS. THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME AND TROUBLE TO READ NEWSTIME WORLDWIDE.
NEWSTIME STAFF AND MANAGEMENT.