Joyce Meyer’s Biography, Ministry, Books, Networth, and Private Life
Joyce Meyer’s Early Life
Quick Data on Joyce Mayer
- Full Names: Meyer, Joyce, Pauline Joyce Hutchison Meyer
- TV Show: Enjoying Everyday Life
- Famous As: Author
- Birthdate: June 4, 1943
- Sun Sign: Gemini
- Birthplace: St. Louis
- Networth: $8 million
- Spouse/Ex-: Dave Meyer (M. 1967)
- Siblings: David Hutchison
- Children: Daniel B. Meyer, David Meyer, Laura Marie Holtzmann, Sandra Ellen McCollom
- Official IG Ac: Here
Biography, Work, and Personal Life
Personal Life & Legacy
Conversion and Ministry
Meyer also reports that she was praying intensely while driving to work one morning in 1976 when she said she heard God call her name. She had been born-again at age nine, but her unhappiness drove her deeper into her faith. She says that she came home later that day from a beauty appointment “full of liquid love” and was “drunk with the Spirit of God” that night while at the local bowling alley.
… I didn’t have any knowledge. I didn’t go to church. And I had a lot of problems, and I needed somebody to kind of help me along. And I think sometimes even people who want to serve God, if they have got so many problems that they don’t think right and they don’t act right and they don’t behave right, they almost need somebody to take them by the hand and help lead them through the early years …
Meyer was briefly a member of Our Savior’s Lutheran Church in St. Louis, a congregation of the Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod. She began leading an early-morning Bible class at a local cafeteria and became active in Life Christian Center, a charismatic church in Fenton. Within a few years, Meyer was the church’s associate pastor. The church became one of the leading charismatic churches in the area, largely because of her popularity as a Bible teacher. She also began airing a daily 15-minute radio broadcast on a St. Louis radio station.
In 1993, her husband Dave suggested that they start a television ministry. Initially airing on superstation WGN-TV in Chicago and Black Entertainment Television (BET), her program, now called Enjoying Everyday Life, is still on the air today.
In 2002, mainstream publisher Hachette Book Group paid Meyer over $10 million for the rights to her backlist catalog of independently released books.
In 2004 St. Louis Christian television station KNLC, operated by the Rev. Larry Rice of New Life Evangelistic Center, dropped Meyer’s programming. According to Rice, a longstanding Meyer supporter, Meyer’s “excessive lifestyle” and her teachings often going “beyond Scripture” were the impetus for canceling the program.
In 2005, Time magazine’s “25 Most Influential Evangelicals in America” ranked Meyer 17th.
Some of Meyer’s Books and Bibliography
- Beauty for Ashes: Receiving Emotional Healing. 1994. ISBN 0-892-74679-3.
- Battlefield of the Mind: Winning the Battle in Your Mind. 1995. ISBN 0-446-69109-7.
- Me and My Big Mouth: Your Answer is Right Under Your Nose. 2002. ISBN 0-446-69107-0.
- How to Hear from God: Learn to Know His Voice and Make Right Decisions. 2003. ISBN 0-446-53256-8.
- The Secret Power of Speaking God’s Word. 2004. ISBN 0-446-57736-7.
- In Pursuit of Peace: 21 Ways to Conquer Anxiety, Fear, and Discontentment. 2004. ISBN 0-446-53195-2.
- Straight Talk: Overcoming Emotional Battles with the Power of God’s Word. 2005. ISBN 0-446-57800-2.
- Approval Addiction: Overcoming Your Need to Please Everyone. 2005. ISBN 0-446-57772-3.
- Look Great, Feel Great: 12 Keys to Enjoying a Healthy Life Now. 2006. ISBN 0-446-57946-7.
- The Everyday Life Bible: The Power of God’s Word for Everyday Living. 2006. ISBN 0-446-57827-4.
- The Confident Woman: Start Today Living Boldly and Without Fear. 2007. ISBN 0-446-53198-7.
- The Penny: A Novel. 2007. ISBN 0-446-57811-8. (by Joyce Meyer and Deborah Bedford)
- Woman to Woman: Candid Conversations from Me to You. 2007. ISBN 0-446-58180-1.
- I Dare You: Embrace Life With Passion. 2007. ISBN 0-446-53197-9.
- The Power of Simple Prayer: How to Talk with God about Everything. 2007. ISBN 0-446-53196-0.
- Top 10 Qualities of a Great Leader. 2007. ISBN 1-57794-913-7. (by Joyce Meyer and Phil Pringle)
- Conflict Free Living: How to Build Healthy Relationships for Life. 2008. ISBN 1-59979-062-9.
- Start Your New Life Today: An Exciting New Beginning with God. 2008. ISBN 0-446-50965-5.
- The Secret To True Happiness: Enjoy Today, Embrace Tomorrow. 2008. ISBN 0-446-53199-5.
- Never Give Up!: Relentless Determination to Overcome Life’s Challenges. 2009. ISBN 0-446-58035-X.
- Eat the Cookie … Buy the Shoes: Giving Yourself Permission to Lighten Up. 2010. ISBN 0-446-53864-7.
- Power Thoughts: 12 Strategies to Win the Battle. 2010. ISBN 0-446-58036-8.
- Living Beyond Your Feelings: Controlling Emotions So They Don’t Control You. 2011. ISBN 0-446-53852-3.
- Love Out Loud: Devotions on Loving God, Yourself, and Others. 2011. ISBN 0-446-53847-7.
- Do Yourself a Favor … Forgive: Learn How to Take Control of Your Life Through Forgiveness. 2012. ISBN 0-446-54727-1.
- Change Your Words, Change Your Life: Understanding the Power of Every Word You Speak. 2012. ISBN 0-446-53857-4.