In This Biography
Zainab Maina Biography, Age, Career, Family, Education, Family, Networth.
Who is Zainab Maina?
Education and personal life
Zainab Maina hails from Adamawa State in North-East Nigeria. She was educated at Kaduna Polytechnic where she obtained a Diploma in Administration and Higher National Diploma in Catering and Hotel Management. In addition, she also obtained a certificate in Secretarial Studies from the Federal Training Centre Kaduna and the Centre for Development & Population, Washington DC, the USA where she received a Certificate in Institution Building Activities. She is married to Alhaji Umar Joji Maina, the Dan-maliki of Mubi in Adamawa State and they have children.
How Old is Zainab Maina
August 7, 1948
Where is Zainab Maina From?
Who is Zainab Maina’s Husband?
Political and governmental career
Prior to her ministerial appointment in July 2011, Zainab Maina was:
- Board Chairman, National Commission for Nomadic Education, Kaduna (2009–2011);
- Board Chairman, Garki Microfinance Bank (1998);
- Board Chairman, NCWS, Garki Microfinance Bank, Abuja (1997);
- Deputy Chairman, Police Community Relations Committee FCT Command (1998-Date);
- Member, Vision 2010 Committee (1997);
- Board Member, National Programme on Immunization (1998–2000);
- Board Member, Adamawa State Primary Schools Board (1991–1994);
- Board Member, Family Economic Advancement Programme (FEAP) (1997–2000).
She was the National President of – the National Council for Women Societies (NCWS), Nigeria (1997-2001). In the ruling party in Nigeria, Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Zainab Maina holds sway as part of the think-tank as a Member of the PDP Elders Committee; Member, of the PDP Board of Trustees; executive director, Women Affairs of the Jonathan/Sambo Presidential Campaign (2010); Member, PDP Presidential Electoral/Screening Committee (2010); National Women Representative, PDP Presidential Campaign Council (2007); Delegate, National Political Reform Conference (NPRC)-2005; Women Representative, PDP Reconciliation Committee on theExecutive/Legislative Impasse(2002); International Convener, Home Economics and Consumer Affairs International Council of Women (ICW) Bangkok, Thailand (1993).
- Founder and President, Women for Peace Initiative (WOPI) Nigeria
- Patron, Young Muslim Women Association, Nigeria
- Sub-Regional Coordinator- Anglophone Africa, International Council for Women
- Member, World Association of NGOs (WANGO)
- Member, West African Civil Society Forum (WACSOF)
- INGO Ambassador, International Non-Governmental Organization(London, UK)
Awards and honours
- National Award of Excellence towards Women Development Abuja, Nigeria
- Jean Harris Award – Rotary International
- Winner of the Distinguished Eagle Achievement Award Newark, New Jersey, USA
- Amazon Women Award for Contribution towards the Development of Womanhood, Lagos, Nigeria.
- Africa Youth Congress Award on the authority of the Senate Headquarters, Banjul, the Gambia
- Merit Award by the Mayor of Atlanta, USA
- Meritorious Certificate for Loyal and Devoted Services to Development by the Nawar-U-Deen Society of Nigeria
- Certificate of Recognition – University of Kansas, Lawrence, USA
- Quintessence Award for Remarkable Contribution to Humanity by media in support of Humanity (MISH)
- Ambassador for peace by the Universal Peace Federation and the Inter-Religious and International federation for world peace
- Honorary citizen of Kansas City, USA
- Fellow, African Business School – FABS
- Fellow Chartered Institute of Administration – FCIA
- Member of the Order of the Federal Republic – MFR
She is to be worth between $1-$3m
- “Oduah-Ogiemwonyi is new aviation minister, Maina heads women’s affairs”. The Sun (Nigeria). 4 July 2011. Archived from the original on 8 July 2011. Retrieved 18 July 2011.
- “Hajiya Zainab Maina Biography – Age, Family”. MyBioHub. 2018-06-04. Retrieved 2022-03-25.