In This Biography
Nasir Yusuf Gawuna Biography, Age, Spouse, Networth, Education, Career
Nasir Yusuf Gawuna
|Deputy Governor of Kano State|
19 September 2018
|Governor||Abdullahi Umar Ganduje|
|Preceded by||Professor Hafiz Abubakar|
|Kano State Commissioner for Agriculture|
Abdullahi Umar Ganduje
|Chairman of Nassarawa LGA|
|Born||6 August 1967
Kano, Kano State, Nigeria
|Political party||All Progressive Congress
(2014 to present)
|All Nigeria Peoples Party
(1999 to 2014)
|Spouse||Hafsatu Nasir Gawuna|
|Children||Yahya, Fatima, Yusuf, Maryam, Hafsat.|
Nasir Yusuf Gawuna ( born 6 August 1967) is a Nigerian Health personnel, businessman, and politician. In May 2022, he became the Governorship Candidate of All Progressive Congress for the 2023 Nigeria General Election. He is currently the Deputy Governor of Kano State serving under Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje
Nasir Yusuf was born on 6 August, 1967, in Kano city.
Nasir Yusuf Gawuna was appointed by Dr. Abdullahi Umar Ganduje after the resignation of the former Deputy Governor Professor Hafiz Abubakar on 5 August 2018, Governor Ganduje also retained Gawuna as his running mate in the 2019 Nigerian general election. before his appointment, Gawuna was the Commissioner of Kano State, Ministry of Agriculture, since 2014 he was first appointed as a commissioner by former Governor of Kano State Engineer Rabiu Kwankwaso.
Gawuna is the Chairman of the Kano State Taskforce Committee on Covid-19
He was chairman of Nassarawa Local Government Area for 8 years under the defunct All Nigeria Peoples Party ANPP while Ibrahim Shekarau was the Governor of Kano State he work with all three Governors of the state.
Gawuna in a statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr. Hassan Musa Fagge, on 18 April 2022 resigned as the Commissioner of Agriculture and Natural Resources. in order for him to get the chance to join the race to Kano State Government House under the platform of the All Progressive Congress (APC) 2022 Primary Election which is scheduled to hold on 18 May 2022 the incumbent Governor of Kano State Abdullahi Umar Ganduje Anointed Gawuna to be his Successor in 2023 Nigeria General Election, Governor Ganduje announce his decision at the stakeholders Meeting on Saturday 7 May 2022
He is worth $5m
SEE ALSO – Leaders Bio – Muhammad Inuwa Yahaya Biography, Age, Career, Family, Politics,
- ^ “Kano 2023 Guber: Ganduje anoints deputy, Gawuna as successor”. Vanguard News. 8 May 2022. Retrieved 9 May 2022.
- ^ “Ganduje picks deputy as preferred successor”. Daily Trust. 8 May 2022. Retrieved 9 May 2022.
- ^ “Ganduje moves to anoint Gawuna as Kano APC governorship candidate”. Daily Nigerian. 8 May 2022. Retrieved 9 May 2022.
- ^ “Deputy Governor”. 6 October 2020.
- ^ “Kano Deputy Governor, Gawuna sworn-in”. Vanguard News. 19 September 2018. Retrieved 22 February 2022.
- ^ “Kano relaxes lockdown”. The Sun Nigeria. 23 April 2020. Retrieved 3 March 2022.
- ^ https://gawuna.org/
- ^ “Kano Assembly confirms Gawuna as Deputy Governor”. 18 September 2018.
- ^ “JUST IN: Kano Deputy Governor Hafiz Abubakar resigns”. 5 August 2018. Retrieved 4 May 2021.
- ^ “2019: I’ll retain Gawuna as running mate – Ganduje | Blueprint Newspapers Limited”. 21 September 2018.
- ^ “Executive Council”. 21 September 2017.
- ^ Agencies (22 April 2020). “Kano relaxes lockdown for one day”. TODAY. Retrieved 9 January 2021.
- ^ Kano, Ibrahim Musa Giginyu (10 October 2020). “COVID-19: Over 35, 000 people to benefit from MSME survival fund in Kano”. Daily Trust. Retrieved 9 January 2021.
- ^ “Kano’s Deputy Governor, Chief of Staff, Resign as Commissioners”. THISDAYLIVE. 19 April 2022. Retrieved 9 May 2022.
- ^ “Ganduje approves resignation of deputy governor, six commissioners”. 19 April 2022. Retrieved 9 May 2022.
KNOWLEDGE is POWERFUL. Please kindly share Newstime Worldwide website and videos with all your family and friends and contacts Worldwide, thanks. Almighty GOD continue to bless you always.
Newstime Worldwide is not responsible for external websites’ content.