In This Biography
Peter Mbah Biography, Age, Career, Education, Spouse, Networth, Politics
Peter Ndubuisi Mbah (born 17 March 1972) is a Nigerian maritime lawyer, financial analyst, and politician. He is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Pinnacle Oil and Gas Ltd. Mbah is a native of Owo in Nkanu East Local Government Area (LGA) of Enugu state, Nigeria. He is a Fellow of the Certified Institute of Public Administration and Management (CIPM), and a member of the Nigerian Institute of International Affairs and Nigerian Bar Association.
Early life and education
Peter Mbah was born in Enugu to the family of Chief Gilbert Ekete Mbah from Ashishi Owo, Nkanu East LGA of Enugu State. He attended Army Children’s School, Bori Camp, Portharcourt, and Owode High School, Owode Egba Ogun State. Mbah studied law at the University of East London, U.K., earning a Bachelor of Law in 2000. He then proceeded to the Nigerian Law School and was called to the Nigerian Bar. He has a master’s degree in Maritime and Commercial Law awarded by Lagos State University in 2004. Mbah holds an MBA from the IESE Business School, University of Navarra, Barcelona Spain, and a Post Graduate Diploma in Strategy and Innovation from the Saïd Business School, University of Oxford. He was awarded an honorary doctorate degree in Political Science by Godfrey Okoye University, Enugu, in 2021.
After graduation, Mbah participated in the National Youth Service Corps in Udeh and Associates law firm in Lagos. As an entrepreneur, he founded Peter Mbah Investments Limited in 1992, a service provider in the oil and gas sector. He is the founder of GILPEL Industries Ltd., an importer of general goods between 1993 to 1997, and also founded the FOCUS International Schools in Lagos state. Mbah is the sole agent of International Oil Corporation, a U.S.A oil and gas company based in Fresno, California. He is the founder/CEO of Pinnacle Oil and Gas Ltd. This establishment completed the development of Single Point Monitoring (SPM), Conventional Buoy Mooring (CBM), and storage facilities in the Lekki Free Trade Zone in 2021.
Mbah was appointed Chief of Staff in 2003 and subsequently as Commissioner for Finance and Economic Development by Governor, Chimaroke Nnamani. He was a member of the Federal Accounts Allocation Committee, the Enugu State Executive Council as well as a member of the State Security Council. He also served as Chairman of the Federal Accounts Allocation Committee’s Sub-Committee on Legal Matters, Chairman of the Board of Directors for the Enugu State Insurance Company, Chairman of the Board of Directors for the Enugu State Finance and Investment Company, Chairman of the Enugu State Tenders’ Board. He is a member of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). On May 25, 2022, Peter Mbah emerged as the Enugu state governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party ahead of Nigeria`s 2023 general elections, following the primary election held in Nnamdi Azikiwe Stadium, Enugu, with a total of 790 votes out of the 807 casts by the delegates.
Mbah is the founder of Peter Mbah Foundation (PMF), a not-for-profit and non-political organization aimed at improving standards of living in rural communities and human capital development.
Awards and recognition
- Newswatch magazine as one of the ten most outstanding Commissioners in Nigeria in 2005.
- Honorary Doctorate degree in Political Science from Godfrey Okoye University, Enugu.
Mbah is married to Nkechinyere Mbah, and together they have four children.
SEE ALSO – Leaders Bio – Frank Nweke Biography, Age, Career, Spouse, Education, Networth
- ^ “BusinessDay 24 Apr 2019 by BusinessDay – Issuu”. issuu.com. Retrieved 2022-04-22.
- ^ “Pinnacle Oil seeks to deepen local content”. Punch Newspapers. 2019-04-25. Retrieved 2022-04-22.
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Pinnacle Oil & Gas Wins Local Content Prize”. THISDAYLIVE. 2019-04-20. Retrieved 2022-04-22.
- ^ “Nkanu East L.G.A Zip Codes”. 2017-09-22. Retrieved 2022-04-22.
- ^ Widjaja, Michael. “Enugu maps and Enugu Communities”. igboguide.org. Retrieved 2022-04-22.
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Peter Mbah: The Story from Obscurity to Dominance”. THISDAYLIVE. 2022-04-17. Retrieved 2022-04-22.
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Godfrey Okoye University honors Mbah, Ijioma, Spendeleager with PhD”. The Advocate Nigeria. Retrieved 2022-04-22.
- ^ “Peter Mbah – Pinnacle Oil And Gas Limited”. 2021-02-23. Retrieved 2022-04-22.
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d “Peter Mbah and the Igbos contribution to national growth”. Vanguard News. 2022-04-19. Retrieved 2022-04-22.
- ^ Jump up to:a b c “Peter Ndubuisi Mbah: Distinguished in business and public service (Opinion)”. The Pacesetter Frontier Magazine. 2022-04-20. Retrieved 2022-04-22.
KNOWLEDGE is POWERFUL. Please kindly share Newstime Worldwide website and videos with all your family and friends and contacts Worldwide, thanks. Almighty GOD continue to bless you always.
Newstime Worldwide is not responsible for external websites’ content.