In This Biography
Titus Uba Biography, Age, Networth, Spouse, Education, Family, Career
|Speaker of the Benue State House of Assembly|
|Preceded by||Terkimbi Ikyange|
|Born||25 September 1965|
|Political party||People’s Democratic Party, PDP|
|All Progressives Congress, APC (until 2018)|
Titus Uba (born 25 September 1965) is a Nigerian politician who is currently serving as a speaker of the Benue State House of Assembly since August 2018. Uba represents the Kyan constituency in the state assembly. His emergence as the speaker of the house followed a vote of no confidence and the subsequent impeachment of the former speaker of the assembly, Terkimbi Ikyange. In 2019, Uba was re-elected speaker for the 9th Benue State House of Assembly.
Uba is a native of Akehe, Ute, in Vandeikya Local Government Area of Benue State. His early education started at LGEA Primary School in Akehe but later transferred to Demonstration Primary School, Makurdi where he finished with a First School Leaving Certificate in 1979. Uba studied at Saint Michael’s Secondary School, Aliade, finishing in 1984 with a General Certificate Examination (GCE). In 1987, Uba proceeded to Federal Polytechnic, Idah in Kogi State where he earned National Diploma in Mechanical Engineering in 1989. He obtained a Higher National Diploma (HND) in Mechanical Engineering from Federal Polytechnic, Bauchi in 2004.
Endorsement by The Current Governor, Samuel Ortom
The Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom has said the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP governorship candidate in the state, Titus Uba would build on the legacies he (Ortom) would be leaving behind after his tenure in May 2023.
Governor Ortom stated this Wednesday in Gbajimba, headquarters of Guma Local Area in continuation of the statewide campaigns of the PDP where a mammoth crowd of party faithful trouped out to receive the campaign train.
He pointed out that his administration has done a lot in several sectors of the economy, particularly in strengthening security and proffering a lasting solution to the protracted issue of pensions and gratuities with the domestication of the PENCOM law in the state.
According to the Governor, with the domestication of the PENCOM Law and contribution of over 6 billion Naira into the fund, once the state reaches the threshold of 10 billion nairas, the State Government will access funds to clear the backlog of pensions and gratuities.
This, the Governor noted that even if his administration could not achieve due to limited time, the Government of Uba will be able to build on that foundation.
The Governor expressed confidence in the competence of Engr. Uba to equally sustain all laws enacted for the protection of lives and property in the State, stressing that with Uba as his successor, marauding invaders will not be allowed to forcefully occupy Benue ancestral lands as enemies of the State are currently conniving with external aggressors of the state to cede Benue’s land to them.
He is estimated to be worth between $1m – $5m
- ^ “Benue Speaker begs warring communities”. FRCN. 2020-05-11. Retrieved 2020-06-15.
- ^ “Benue 8th Assembly passes 58 bills in four years – Speaker -“. The Eagle Online. 2019-06-04. Retrieved 2020-06-15.
- ^ “How we can develop agriculture – Benue Speaker”. P.M. News. 2019-08-28. Retrieved 2020-06-15.
- ^ “Benue Assembly Replaces Impeached Speaker With Titus Uba”. Channels Television. Retrieved 2020-06-15.
- ^ “Benue lawmakers re-elect Uba as Speaker”. Punch Newspapers. 3 June 2019. Retrieved 2020-06-15.
- ^ “Uba Again Emerges Speaker Of Benue Assembly Assembly”.
- ^ Jannah, Chijioke (2019-06-04). “Gov. Ortom inaugurates ninth Benue Assembly as Titus Uba emerges Speaker again, Adaji Deputy”. Daily Post Nigeria. Retrieved 2020-06-15.
- ^ “Hon. Uba Titus Tyoapine”. Government of Benue State. 2019-05-08. Retrieved 2020-06-15.
KNOWLEDGE is POWERFUL. Please kindly share Newstime Worldwide website and videos with all your family and friends and contacts Worldwide, thanks. Almighty GOD continue to bless you always.
Newstime Worldwide is not responsible for external websites’ content.