In This Biography
Archbishop Daniel Okoh Biography, Church, Networth, Age, Career, Wife, Children.
Who is Archbishop Daniel Okoh
Archbishop Daniel C. Okoh is a popular figure in Nigeria, especially in Christiandom. He is the president of the Organization of African Instituted Churches, general overseer of the Christ Holy Church International (also known as Nation Builders), and a former vice president of the Christian Association of Nigeria.
Daniel Okoh was born November 12, 1963, somewhere in Kano State Nigeria to Christian parents. He is a native of Ndoni in Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni Local Government Area of Rivers State, Nigeria.
Daniel Okoh Profile Summary
|Name:||Daniel Chukwudumebi Okoh|
|Date of Birth:||November 12, 1963|
|State of Origin:||River State|
|Place of Birth:||Kano State|
Daniel Okoh’s Education
- Archbishop Daniel Okoh is a product of the famous Dennis Memorial Grammar School, Onitsha.
- In 1988, he graduated from the University of Port-Harcourt in Second Class Upper Division in Political Science and Education.
- Thereafter, he attended Christ Holy Church Seminary, Onitsha, and was awarded a diploma in Theology.
- Since then he has undertaken many courses and participated in seminars that are relevant to his ministry work both in Nigeria and abroad.
Archbishop Daniel Okoh Career
Most Rev. Daniel C. Okoh is General Overseer of the Christ Holy Church International, a.k.a Nation Builders, a former vice President of the Christian Association of Nigeria, and President of the Organisation of African Instituted Churches.
As the General Superintendent of Christ Holy Church International – an African Independent Church – he leads his denomination in ecumenical relations with other denominations in the body of Christ and engages with people of other religions in dialogue for peaceful co-existence and sustainable development.
For more than 20 years, Most Rev. Daniel Okoh has been actively involved in ecumenical relations and interfaith dialogue in and outside Nigeria through the following positions:
- International Chairman of the Organisation of African Instituted Churches (OAIC)
- National President of OAIC (Nigeria Region) (2005 – 2014)
- National Vice-President of Christian Association of Nigeria (2007 – 2013), former member, Board of Directors of Inter-Faith HIV/AIDS Coalition of Nigeria
- Member, Governing Council of Good News Theological College and Seminary Accra, Ghana
- Member, Nigeria Inter-Religious Council (NIREC)
- Member of the Board of African Council of Religious Leaders – Religions for Peace.
- Board member of Christian Solidarity Worldwide (Nigeria)
Between 2000 and 2003 he was the only African representative on the Steering Committee of the International Forum on Multicultural Ministry which was initiated and sponsored by the Mission and Evangelism Team of the World Council of Churches.
In the area of Politics and Governance, Archbishop Daniel Okoh was one of the six delegates that represented the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) in the National Political Reform Conference of 2005 organized by the Federal Government of Nigeria.
From 2009 – 2011 Most Rev. Daniel Okoh served on the board of the National Orientation Agency (NOA) as an Institutional representative of the Christian Association of Nigeria.
Over the years, Daniel Okoh, a de-tribalized Nigerian, has built friendships across religious and ethnic lines around the globe.
He welcomes and participates in conversations and programs that would bring about peaceful co-existence among the peoples of the world and sustainable development
Daniel Okoh and CAN
Daniel Okoh was elected President of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) in July 2022.
CAN is the apex body of all Christians in the country, comprising five blocs. He became the first from the OAIC bloc of the Christian Association of Nigeria to hold the position.
Daniel Okoh Wife, Family
He is married to Ngozi. They are blessed with four children.