In This Biography
Blessing Onuh Biography, Career, Networth, Husband, Age, Family, Education.
Who is Blessing Onuh?
Blessing Onyeche Onuh (born 30 June 1976) is a Nigerian politician from Benue State. She represents Otukpo/Ohimini Federal Constituency in the House of Representatives. She is the daughter of former Senate President David Mark.
|Member of the
House of Representatives of Nigeria
|Constituency||Otukpo/Ohimini Federal Constituency|
|Born||30 June 1976|
|Political party||APC (since 2020)|
PDP (before 2018)
|Alma mater||University of Lagos, University of Abuja|
How Old is Blessing Onuh?
She was born on the 30th of June 1976
Early life and education
Blessing Onyeche Onuh was born on the 30th June 1976 in Otukpo, Benue State to the family of David Mark of Akpegedde-Otukpo. In 1988, she obtained her first school leaving certificate from St. Andrew’s Primary School, Otukpo. She then attended Federal Government Girls’ College Gboko and graduated in 1993. In 1995, she got admission to study Sociology at the University of Abuja and graduated with a bachelor’s degree in 1999. She is currently pursuing her Ph.D. in Gender Studies at the University of Abuja.
After graduation from the University, Blessing Onuh went for the mandatory one-year service of the National Youth Service Corps where she served in the Agriculture department of the Central Bank of Nigeria in Jos, Plateau State, from 2000 to 2001. In 2005, she was appointed Special Assistant to the Minister of State for Education. She was later appointed as Special Assistant to the Minister of Inter-Governmental, Local Government, and Special Duties. While in this role, she served as Acting Chairman, Federal Capital Territory Committee on the Prerogative of Mercy.
She was then appointed as Secretary for the Social Welfare Secretariat in the Federal Capital Territory Administration. In 2018, she contested the position of the House of Representatives member for Otukpo/Ohimini federal constituency under the People’s Democratic Party in Benue State but lost the primaries to her uncle Johnson Ahubi. She left the party to join the APGA. She then contested the election with APGA and became a member of the House of Representatives representing the Otukpo/Ohimini federal constituency. In February 2021, Onuh defected to the APC, citing a crisis in Benue State APGA leadership.
Blessing married Dr. Innocent Onuh, a medical practitioner from Obotu-Ugboju, Otukpo Local Government Area in 1999. The union is now blessed with three lovely children.
$3 million and $5 million
- “BREAKING: David Mark’s daughter, Bauchi Rep join APC”. The Nation Newspaper. 2021-02-16. Retrieved 2022-02-21.
- Salaudeen, Omoniyi (7 July 2019). “Face of politicians in self-succession scheme”. Sun News. Retrieved 22 November 2020.
- Elumoye, Deji; Orizu, Udora (21 June 2020). “Amazons That Enliven the Ninth N’Assembly”. This Day Live. Retrieved 22 November 2020.
- Anonymous (18 October 2018). “David Mark’s daughter, Blessing Onuh dumps PDP after losing Reps ticket”. Daily Post. Retrieved 22 November 2020.
- Oloja, Martins (3 March 2019). “2019 Elections: Some consequences and lessons”. Guardian. Retrieved 22 November 2020.
- Editorial (20 November 2018). “David Mark’s daughter pulls 15,000 supporters to APGA”. Blueprint. Retrieved 22 November 2020.
- Ochayi, Chris (26 February 2019). “David Mark’s daughter wins Reps seat under APGA”. Vanguard. Retrieved 22 November 2020.
- “Two Reps defect to APC”. Premium Times. 16 February 2021. Retrieved 2 November 2021.
KNOWLEDGE is POWERFUL. Please kindly share Newstime Worldwide website and videos with all your family and friends and contacts Worldwide, thanks. Almighty GOD continue to bless you always.
Newstime Worldwide is not responsible for external websites’ content.
IF YOU LIKE WHAT YOU ARE READING AT NEWSTIME..,
PLEASE KINDLY LET US KNOW, IF THERE IS SOMETHING WE COULD BE DOING BETTER, WE WILL LIKE TO KNOW THAT TOO.
PLEASE KINDLY SEND US YOUR COMMENTS, QUESTIONS AND SUGGESTIONS. THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME AND TROUBLE TO READ NEWSTIME WORLDWIDE.
NEWSTIME STAFF AND MANAGEMENT.