In This Biography
Brian McLaren Biography, Career, Education, Age, Height, Family, Kids, and Net Worth.
Who Is Brian McLaren?
Brian McLaren ( Brian D. McLaren) is an American author, pastor, and speaker. In addition, he is also the leading figure in the emerging church movement. Moreover, he is affiliated with postmodern Christianity.
Brian is the founder of the Cedar Ridge Community Church in Spencerville, Maryland. He founded it in 1982 while he was teaching English at the college level. Brian became a full-time preacher in 1986. Eventually, his membership grew to include 500 people. Furthermore, he was named one of the 25 Most Influential Evangelicals in America by Time Magazine in 2015. McLaren resigned from his job at Cedar Ridge in 2006 to focus solely on writing and lecturing.
Furthermore, his first book, The Church of the Other Side: Doing Ministry in the Postmodern Matrix, published by the Zondervan in 1998, has been recognized. The book has been recognized as a primary portal into the current conversation about ministry in a postmodern context. Moreover, his second book, Finding Faith is an apologetic book, written for thoughtful seekers and skeptics. The book was later re-released as two short books including, A Search for What Makes Sense and A Search for What is Real.
Brian’s first work of teaching fiction, A New Kind of Christian, won the Christianity Today’s Award of Merit in 2002. It has come of the pivotal texts for what is increasingly called ” Emergence Christianity.” After that, Story We Find Ourselves In, which was published in 2003
Moreover, Brian McLaren supported Rob Bell’s controversial book Love Wins in 2011 against critics like Albert Mohler, who said Bell supported universalism.McLaren stated in 2013 that he did not believe gay behavior was immoral.
How Old Is Brian McLaren?
He was born on 4th, May 1956, and currently, he is 65 years old.
Who are Brians’s Parents?
Despite being a public figure he has managed to keep information about his family background away from the public but we will update it as soon as possible.
Brian McLaren Education
He attended the University of Maryland where he graduated with a degree in English in 1978 and attained his master’s in 1981. Moreover, in 2004, he was awarded a Doctor of Divinity Degree from Carey Theological Seminary in Vancouver. In addition, he received a second honorary doctorate from Virginia Theological Seminary
Brian McLaren Wife
He is happily married to Grace, though much is not known about their love life, we will update it as soon as possible.
Together with his wife they have four children and reside in Florida.
- A Is for Abductive: The Language of the Emerging Church co-written with Leonard Sweet and Jerry Haselmayer and published by Zondervan in December 2002
- Adventures in Missing the Point: How the Culture-Controlled Church Neutered the Gospel co-written with Tony Campolo and published by Emergent/YS in March 2003
- The Church in Emerging Culture: Five Perspectives published by Zondervan Emergent/YS, October 2003
Leonard Sweet (General Editor), with contributors Andy Crouch, Brian D. McLaren, Erwin McManus, Michael Horton, Frederica Mathewes-Green
- The Last Word and the Word After That: A Tale of Faith, Doubt, and a New Kind of Christianity published by Jossey-Bass, April 2005,
- The Secret Message of Jesus: Uncovering the Truth that Could Change Everything published by W Publishing Group, April 2006,
- The Voice of Luke: Not Even Sandals published by Thomas Nelson, July 2007
- Everything Must Change: Jesus, Global Crises, and a Revolution of Hope published by Thomas Nelson, October 2007
Finding Our Way Again: The Return of the Ancient Practices published by Thomas Nelson, May 2008
- The Justice Project published by Baker, September 2009), edited with Elisa Padilla, and Ashley Bunting Seeber
- A New Kind of Christianity published by HarperOne, February 2010
- Naked Spirituality: A Life With God in 12 Simple Words published by HarperOne, March 2011
- Why Did Jesus, Moses, the Buddha, and Mohammed Cross the Road? Christian Identity in a Multi-Faith World published by Jericho Books, September 2012
- We Make the Road by Walking: A Year-Long Quest for Spiritual Formation, Reorientation, and Activation published by Jericho Books, June 2014
- The Great Spiritual Migration: How the World’s Largest Religion Is Seeking a Better Way to Be Christian published by Convergent Books, September 2017,
- Seeking Aliveness: Daily Reflections on a New Way to Experience and Practise the Christian Faith published by Hodder & Stoughton, October 2017,
- The Galápagos Islands: A Spiritual Journey published by Broadleaf Press, October 2019,
- Faith After Doubt: Why Your Beliefs Stopped Working and What to Do About It (St. Martin’s Press, January 2021,
Currently, information about his height and body measurements is still unavailable but we will update it as soon as possible.
Brian McLaren’s Net Worth
His net worth is estimated to be around $1 million as of 2020.
KNOWLEDGE is POWERFUL. Please kindly share Newstime Worldwide website and videos with all your family and friends and contacts Worldwide, thanks. Almighty GOD continue to bless you always.
Newstime Worldwide is not responsible for external websites’ content.
IF YOU LIKE WHAT YOU ARE READING AT NEWSTIME..,
PLEASE KINDLY LET US KNOW, IF THERE IS SOMETHING WE COULD BE DOING BETTER, WE WILL LIKE TO KNOW THAT TOO.
PLEASE KINDLY SEND US YOUR COMMENTS, QUESTIONS AND SUGGESTIONS. THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME AND TROUBLE TO READ NEWSTIME WORLDWIDE.
NEWSTIME STAFF AND MANAGEMENT.