In This Biography
Charles Swindoll Biography, Career, Education, Height, Age, and Net Worth.
Who Is Charles Swindoll?
Charles R. Swindoll is an American pastor, educator, author, and radio preacher. In addition, he is the founder of Insight for Living, located in Frisco, Texas. Insight for Living airs a radio program of the same name on more than 2,000 stations globally and it airs in 15 languages. At the moment, he is the pastor at Stonebriar Community Church, in Frisco, Texas.
In 1963, he was ordained into the ministry, after the ordainment, he began serving in Dallas, under J. Dwight Pentecost, for two years. Since then he has held senior pastor positions in different sites including Waltham, Massachusetts where he served from 1965 to 1967, then Irving, Texas from 1967 to 1971, and then Fullerton, California from 1971 to 1994. In 1998 he became senior pastor in Frisco, Texas, where he currently administers.
Swindoll founded Insight for Living, which broadcasts a radio show of the same name on Christian and non-Christian radio stations worldwide. Moreover, the show is aired on over 2000 stations, furthermore, the show is streamed, and translated into different languages.
Its origins go back to the summer of 1977 after Charles’s sermons from Fullerton’s First Evangelical Free Church were aired on radio. In 1979 The Insight for Living radio ministry started and its headquarters are located in Frisco.
He became the president of the Dallas Theological Seminary in June 1994. Currently, he serves as its chancellor. Moreover, as an author, he has written more than 70 books. Most of his books are based on his research and preparation for sermons preached every Sunday. During its 50th anniversary, Christian Today published an article naming Charles as one of the top 25 most influential preachers of the past 50 years from 1956 to 2006.
Furthermore, Charles founded Stonebriar Community Church in Frisco in 1998. Many of Stonebriar’s pastors are Dallas Theological Seminary graduates. The church began holding services at Collin County Community College (now Collin College) before relocating to its current location on Legendary Drive.
During the first few years, the church membership grew rapidly from a few hundred to several thousand members. Due to the growth, the church needed to expand from the existing facilities. The expansions’ construction began in 2005.
The church is well-known for its missionary activity in India and beyond. Despite the fact that Swindoll is still commonly known as an Evangelical Free Church of America speaker, the Stonebriar Community Church is not associated with any denomination.
Honors and Awards
- 1963, Harry A. Ironside Award for Expository Preaching – Dallas Theological Seminary
- 1963, Christian Education Award – Dallas Theological Seminary.
- 1963, Faculty Award – Dallas Theological Seminary.
- 1977, Doctor of Divinity – Talbot School of Theology.
- 1986, Doctor of Human Letters – Taylor University.
- 1988, Clergyman of the Year – Religious Heritage of America.
- 1990, Doctor of Laws – Pepperdine University.
- 1998, Doctor of Literature – Dallas Baptist University.
- 2009, Lifetime Achievement Award – Catalyst Conference.
How Old Is Charles Swindoll?
He was born on October 18th, 1934, and is currently aged 86 years old.
Charles Swindoll Family
Who Are His Parents?
He was born in El Campo in Wharton County to Earl and Lovell Swindoll.
Who are his Siblings?
He has two siblings and he is the third born in the family.
Charles Swindoll Education
He attended Charles H. Milby High School in Houston. After that, he studied mechanical engineering while working for Reed Roller Bit Company in Houston Texas.
He got married to Cynthia Ann Parker, the two got married on June 18th, 1955.
Charles Swindoll Kids
Swindoll Has four kids and 10 grandchildren and seven great-grandchildren
- Hand Me Another Brick, Thomas Nelson published in 1978
- You And Your Child, Thomas Nelson published in 1977
- Three Steps Forward, Two Steps Back: Persevering Through Pressure, Thomas Nelson published in 1980
- Strike The Original Match, Multnomah published in 1980
- Improving Your Serve: The Art Of Unselfish Living, Word published in 1981
- Strengthening Your Grip: Essentials In An Aimless World, Word published in 1982
- Growing Strong in the Seasons of Life, Multnomah published in 1983
- Dropping Your Guard: The Value Of Open Relationships, Word published in 1983
- Come Before Winter – And Share My Hope, Multnomah published in 1985
- Living on the Ragged Edge: Coming To Terms With Reality, Word published in 1985
- Growing Deep In The Christian Life: Returning To Our Roots, Multnomah published in 1986
- The Quest For Character, Multnomah published in 1987
- Living Above The Level of Mediocrity: A Commitment To Excellence, Word published in 1987
- Growing Wise in Family Life, Multnomah published in 1988
- Living Beyond The Daily Grind: Reflections On The Songs And Sayings In Scripture, Word published in 1988
- Rise & Shine: A Wake-Up Call, Multnomah published in 1989
- The Grace Awakening, Word published in 1990
- Sanctity Of Life: The Inescapable Issue, Word published in 1990
- Stress Fractures, Multnomah published in 1990
- Simple Faith, Word published in 1991
- Laugh Again, Word published in 1992
- Flying Closer to the Flame, Word published in 1993
- The Finishing Touch, Word published in 1994
- Paw Chuck’s Big Ideas in the Bible, Word published in 1995
- Hope Again, Word published in 1996
- The Road To Armageddon (with John F Walvoord; J Dwight Pentecost), Word published in 1999.
Charles R. Swindoll Height
He stands at 1.80m tall
Charles R. Swindoll’s Net Worth
His net worth is estimated to be around $ 5 million.
KNOWLEDGE is POWERFUL. Please kindly share Newstime Worldwide website and videos with all your family and friends and contacts Worldwide, thanks. Almighty GOD continue to bless you always.
Newstime Worldwide is not responsible for external websites’ content.
IF YOU LIKE WHAT YOU ARE READING AT NEWSTIME..,
PLEASE KINDLY LET US KNOW, IF THERE IS SOMETHING WE COULD BE DOING BETTER, WE WILL LIKE TO KNOW THAT TOO.
PLEASE KINDLY SEND US YOUR COMMENTS, QUESTIONS AND SUGGESTIONS. THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME AND TROUBLE TO READ NEWSTIME WORLDWIDE.
NEWSTIME STAFF AND MANAGEMENT.