In This Biography
John Ortberg Biography, Career, Teachings, Education, Height, Age, and Net Worth.
Who Is John Ortberg?
John Ortberg Jr. is an American evangelical Christian author and speaker. In addition, he is also a former senior pastor of Menlo Church in California, which is an ECO Presbyterian church with more than 4,000 members.
As an author, he has published many books including the 2008 ECPA Christian Book Award winner When the Game is Over, It All Goes Back in the Box, and the 2002 Christianity Today Book Award Winner If You Want to Walk on Water, You’ve Got to Get Out of the Boat. The Live You’ve always wanted is also one of his publications. Furthermore, The Live You’ve always wanted has sold more than 500,000 copies as of 2008. On August 13th, 2012, John Ortberg’s book Who Is This Man? topped at No.3 on the New Release chart at Amazon.com
However, in November 2019 he was placed on leave from his position after allegations of his previous knowledge of a volunteer. It was later discovered to be one of his sons, John Ortberg III sexually attracted to minors. After Ortberg III confessed to him in the summer of 2018, Ortberg failed to guarantee that his son could not continue to assist youngsters at Menlo Church. After an assessment revealed no evidence of misconduct, he was pardoned in January 2020 and returned to the pulpit on March 7, 2020.
How Old Is John Ortberg?
He was born on 5th, May 195, currently, he is 64 years old.
Who are His Parents?
He was born in Rockford, Illinois though he has not disclosed his parents’ names we will update it sooner.
John Ortberg Education
She attended Wheaton College where he graduated with a degree. After that, he joined Fuller Theological Seminary where he graduated with Masters of Divinity and a Ph.D. in psychology. Furthermore, he has also studied at the University of Aberdeen, Scotland.
He is married to Nancy Ortberg
John Ortberg Kids
He has one kid, Daniel M. Lavery
Spiritual development, or the transformation of human character via actual experiences with God, is a fundamental focus of his teaching and books. The need for security and comfort, according to John, frequently comes in the way of a genuine connection with God; when individuals place too much emphasis on being secure and comfortable, they may be hesitant to make the sacrifices God requires.
Furthermore, he has warned against societal pressure which explains to people that bigger is always better, stating that he thinks all of us whatever the ministry we are in or job, bigness will never satisfy the need. In his novels, he talks about his own ambition for power and success, and how acquiring these didn’t make him happy in the end.”If you could get to the root of your cravings,” Ortberg says, “they’re for the eternal.”
John’s narrating of his experience of playing Monopoly with his grandmother was used as the starting narration of Peter Joseph’s 2011 documentary known as Zeitgeist: Moving Foward.
As a speaker, he has been a featured speaker at many events such as Promise Keeper in 2006 Conferences and Westmont College in 2007 commencement speaker.
Menlo Church on January 21, 2020, issued a statement stating that John had been placed on leave due to the revelation that he has allowed a church volunteer, who was his son to work and travel with minors. This came after the volunteer confession of a lifelong sexual attraction to minors. However, Ortberg made no effort to inform other church leaders about the situation.
When the volunteer, Ortberg’s son John Ortberg III, revealed his aspirations to another of Ortberg’s sons, Daniel Lavery, the problem was brought to light. Lavery went to the church’s leadership after realizing that his father had not shared this information with Menlo Church Leadership or the Elder Board.
Because Lavery is transgender, Ortberg rejected his concerns, according to Lavery. John returned from leave on January 24, 2020. He apologized for his “lack of transparency” and acknowledged that he “failed to do the right thing.” John returned to the pulpit on March 7, 2020, after finishing a repair plan.
- Grace: An Invitation to a Way of Life (with Laurie Pederson and Judson Poling). Zondervan, 2000
- If You Want to Walk on Water, You’ve Got to Get Out of the Boat. Produced by Zondervan, 2001
- Love Beyond Reason. Pr0duced by Zondervan, 2001
- The Life You’ve Always Wanted. Produced by Zondervan, 2002
- Everybody’s Normal Till You Get To Know Them. Produced by Zondervan, 2003
- Living the God Life: Finding God’s Extraordinary Love in Your Ordinary Life. Produced by Inspirio, 2004,
- God Is Closer Than You Think: If God is Always with Us, why is He So Hard to Find? Produced by Zondervan, 2005
- Now What?: God’s Guide to Life for Graduates. Produced by Zondervan, 2005
- When the Game Is Over, It All Goes Back in the Box. Produced by Zondervan, 2007
- Know Doubt. Produced by Zondervan, 2008
- The Me I Want To Be: Becoming God’s Best Version of You. Produced by Zondervan, 2010
- Who Is This Man?: The Unpredictable Impact of the Inescapable Jesus. Produced by Zondervan, 2012
- Soul Keeping: Caring For the Most Important Part of You. Produced by Zondervan, 2014
- Wrote the foreword for William Vanderbloemen (2014). Next: Pastoral Succession That Works. Baker. ’’Eternity is Now In Session: A radical rediscovery of what Jesus really taught about salvation, eternity, and getting to a Good Place.’’ Tyndale, 2018
John Ortberg Height
His height and body measurement are not yet known but we will update it as soon as possible.
John Ortberg Net Worth
He has a net worth of $ 5 million
John Ortberg Twitter
KNOWLEDGE is POWERFUL. Please kindly share Newstime Worldwide website and videos with all your family and friends and contacts Worldwide, thanks. Almighty GOD continue to bless you always.
Newstime Worldwide is not responsible for external websites’ content.
IF YOU LIKE WHAT YOU ARE READING AT NEWSTIME..,
PLEASE KINDLY LET US KNOW, IF THERE IS SOMETHING WE COULD BE DOING BETTER, WE WILL LIKE TO KNOW THAT TOO.
PLEASE KINDLY SEND US YOUR COMMENTS, QUESTIONS AND SUGGESTIONS. THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME AND TROUBLE TO READ NEWSTIME WORLDWIDE.
NEWSTIME STAFF AND MANAGEMENT.