In This Biography
Judith Amaechi Biography, Career, Politics, Age, Family, Networth
Who is Judith Amaechi?
|First Lady of Rivers State|
26 October 2007 – 29 May 2015
|Preceded by||Mary Odili|
|Succeeded by||Eberechi Wike|
Judith Obiajulu Nwankwo
24 December 1970
|Political party||All Progressives Congress|
|Residence(s)||Port Harcourt, Rivers State|
|Alma mater||Rivers State University of Science and Technology|
How Old is Judith Amaechi?
Amaechi was born on 24 December 1970 in Enugu Ukwu, Anambra State. She attended Federal Government Girls’ College, Abuloma for her secondary education. She then attended Rivers State University of Science and Technology, where she graduated as an Urban and Regional Planning Professional. She married Chibuike Amaechi and they have three children.
Judith Amaechi Non-Governmental Organization?
Amaechi launched the Empowerment Support Initiative, a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), on 16 October 2008. The NGO provides practical support and advice for women and children, particularly the most disadvantaged. In June 2009, speaking during International Widows Day, Amaechi called for a review of native laws and customary practices that cause distress to widows, sometimes throwing them into abject poverty. In March 2010 she visited Israel with the State Commissioner for Women Affairs, Manuela George-Izunwa, to inspect farms and discuss training and development of agriculture among women in Rivers State.
Judith Amaechi Philantrophy
In 2009 Amaechi sponsored a free mass de-worming program Rivers State children. She was a strong supporter of the Child Rights Act passed in Rivers state in 2010, aiming to prevent abuse of children. In August 2010 she opened a four-week Information and Communication Technology Farm, which provides free computer training in the holidays to junior and senior secondary school students.
Judith Amaechi’s Net Worth
Her Net Worth is estimated to be around $1.5 Million
Judith Amaechi’s References
- “Her Excellency Dame Judith Amaechi – A Profile”. Riversstate.gov.ng. Archived from the original on January 11, 2015. Retrieved 2015-01-19.
- “Mrs Amaechi Celebrates Birthday With Children”. The Tide. January 1, 2010. Retrieved 2010-09-20.
- “As Empowerment Support initiative (ESI) Clocks One”. The Tide. October 16, 2009. Retrieved 2010-09-20.
- Clarice Azuatalam (June 23, 2009). “Amaechi’s wife seeks review of obnoxious laws”. The Nation. Archived from the original on 3 May 2012. Retrieved 2010-09-20.
- Godwin Egba (March 24, 2010). “Amaechi to Empower 2,500 Women”. Daily Independent. AllAfrica. Retrieved 2010-09-20.
- “De-worming Co-ordinator Lauds Judith Amaechi”. The Tide. July 13, 2009. Retrieved 2010-09-20.
- Omolara Akintoye (March 7, 2010). “Support child rights act -Rivers State First Lady”. The Nation. Archived from the original on May 3, 2012. Retrieved 2010-09-20.
KNOWLEDGE is POWERFUL. Please kindly share Newstime Worldwide website and videos with all your family and friends and contacts Worldwide, thanks. Almighty GOD continue to bless you always.
Newstime Worldwide is not responsible for external websites’ content.
IF YOU LIKE WHAT YOU ARE READING AT NEWSTIME..,
PLEASE KINDLY LET US KNOW, IF THERE IS SOMETHING WE COULD BE DOING BETTER, WE WILL LIKE TO KNOW THAT TOO.
PLEASE KINDLY SEND US YOUR COMMENTS, QUESTIONS AND SUGGESTIONS. THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME AND TROUBLE TO READ NEWSTIME WORLDWIDE.
NEWSTIME STAFF AND MANAGEMENT.